Tuesday 24 July 2012

Decisions, decisions

So, finally, a post not just all about feelings. Finally a post about me actively doing something.

Well, planning to do something anyway. After thinking long and hard, for my first this week I will be... taking my younger cousins to the cinema.

I have wanted to do this for a while and it ticks a number of different 'satisfaction' boxes for me. Not only do I get to spend some time with my cousins, which I have thought for a long time is something I would like to do more of. And I can also feel like I am helping my auntie by giving her some time for herself. So everybody is happy (and the kids do love the cinema, especially if sweets and popcorn are also involved).

Once I had made the decision this morning that this would be my first for the week, I spoke to my auntie straight away to get it sorted. After all, Friday is not too far away. I really should start planning these firsts further ahead. As it turns out, I'm not the only one who has decided to make the most of the summer holidays to spend time with the kids. And I'm not the only one who has decided a cinema trip is the best way to do this. Maybe it's just the adult appeal of Ice Age 4, but apparently my grandparents and another auntie have already offered to take my three cousins to see the film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Age:_Continental_Drift
Just as popular with adults as with children?

So, this left me in a bit of a pickle. Does it still count as me 'taking' the youngsters to the cinema if the rest of my extended family choose to come along too? Having left it a little late to arrange a different 'first' and having wanted to do this for a while I am going to say no. But it has made it even clearer to me that forward planning is very important for the my task of 52 firsts!

I will just add I did have another first that I considered for this week - trying oysters. But then I saw a swollen dead slug on the pathway and I decided I would put that first off for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment